Important COVID-19 Message
Hafa adai to our valued patients,
We hope you and your family are in good health. Our island community has been through a lot in recent months, and we’re all looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our clinic. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, you’re both safe and comfortable.
Our clinic follows the latest infection control recommendations, rulings and guidance of the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
You will notice important changes when it is time for your next appointment. We’ve made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival. If your temperature is elevated or you have a fever, we’ll evaluate and offer appropriate guidance.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Also, we must limit extra companions in the clinic; adult patients must arrive alone, and children (up to age 17 years) can have just one adult companion. Adults in need of assistance, such as seniors and adults with special needs may bring one adult companion.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions. To make an appointment, please call us at 477-8215 or visit our website.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty. To you and all our valued patients, friends and neighbors, welcome back.
Dr. Eusebio, Dr. Rapadas and your Ordot Dental team